Thursday, September 18, 2014

First DIY Project

   Ok here we go....


On September 4th my son Vasili and I started a new chapter in our lives. We moved from an apartment where we lived for three years to a rental home in Holiday. Free from apartment living at last!

The home we are renting is an older home owned by a older greek couple. As soon as we seen the sign in the yard we knew it was the one. We called right away to see the inside. When the lady arrived and realized Vasili was greek she fell in love...lol. We knew we were in.

We knew it would need some T.L.C. and clean up. We are up for the challenge. This is actually one of the reasons we moved into a house. You see I have to be busy, I have to have projects, and I love to try and decorate. I will now have a workshop in the garage and as soon as I get done with the projects for our home hopefully I can earn some $$$ off some of the projects.

                                                 So this was my first project. 

  

                               When we moved in this was how the kitchen looked. Seriously?                  

 
 



This is what the back yard looked like.

 
 
So after some thought I had Vasili dig out that metal rack looking thingy so I could measure it. (he   was not very happy about this) After measuring to make sure it would fit I began to clean it off to     primer it and paint it. I decided to go with a metallic sliver to make it look like stainless steel.         

 
I then had Vasili help me attach it to that ugly board running across the kitchen wall.
 
 
I purchased the little white cabinets at Target and got some S hooks from Home Depot to hang up the pots and pans.
 
 
Wa-La!
First project complete!
 
Total Cost $94
4 cans of spray paint $16
S hooks $8
Cabinets $70
 
 
 

 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great job Suzy can`t wait to see the next project !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cessie! Next project as soon as I get some power tools...lol

    ReplyDelete