Thursday, November 13, 2014

Rustic Christmas Tree!

 
 
 
 
 
I responded to a free ad on Craigslist (on of my favorite sites) and this is what I got.

 
Two bookshelves, Christmas decorations, and a Christmas Tree. I figured.how could I lose at this price...lol. I was very excited to see what the tree looked like so I put it together right away.
 
 
I tried everything to get that middle section working with no luck. So I decided to take off the lights and restring the whole tree. It is a beautiful tree...for the price... even if it's not real.
 
 
I know it's a bit early but I decided to leave it up and decorate it. I started redecorating in January of this year with a country theme and none of the colors went with the new tree decorations I just purchased last year...:(
 
 
This was last years Charlie Brownish tree with lime green and red decorations. Colors didn't go with the décor so I decided to make and repurpose some decorations.
 
 
 
I used dollar store cloths pins to make wooden snowflakes. I took them apart, hot glued them together, spray painted them, and attached a jute twine hanger.
 
 
 
I used dollar store candy cane ornaments wrapped them with jute twine and tied a little piece of cloth on them.
 
 
 
I used a block of foam to make the little presents. I cut it into squares, wrapped them with brown paper, and tied a bow with jute twine.
 
 
 
These were the old ornaments that I wrapped with material from a tablecloth I purchased from the thrift store. I also made a tree skirt and the ties on the candy canes with the same material. It was a big tablecloth...lol.  I used some burlap I had for garland and the star from last year for the top.
 
 
The Finished product or should I say almost finished. I need to get a burlap bow for the top to cover the bottom of the star.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment